• Drako Carbon SRS – evolution of the Dragon.
• The Drako Carbon SRS Sole with exclusive replaceable cleat wear plate.*
• Two Tecno 3 precision ratchet closures independently micro-adjust fit across forefoot and toe.
• Adjustable Heel Retention Device: Eliminates heel lift for optimized pedaling efficiency.
• Adjustable Soft Instep Closure System and padded tongue eliminate pressure points.
• Grippy, replaceable tread blocks.
• Integrated Rubber Toe Guard.
• Drako Carbon SRS – evolution of the Dragon.• The Drako Carbon SRS Sole with exclusive replaceable cleat wear plate.*• Two Tecno 3 precision ratchet closures independently micro-adjust fit across forefoot and toe.• Adjustable Heel Retention Device: Eliminates heel lift for optimized pedaling efficiency.• Adjustable Soft Instep Closure System and padded tongue eliminate pressure points.• Grippy, replaceable tread blocks.• Integrated Rubber Toe Guard.• Comfort Fit insoles with memory foam for lightweight support and an antibacterial treatment. *Most Dual-Retention Bar type MTB pedal manufacturers (such as crankbrothers and Look) recommend using a reinforcement plate between the cleat and the shoe in order to prevent damage to the sole. The Drako cleat wear plate can be replaced in case of damage from the pedal system, so using a reinforcement plate is optional. SIZES: 39-48, half-sizes 39.5-46.5 COLORS: Black Vernice, Black/White Vernice PRICE: $459.99
DRAKO TECHNICAL FEATURES
• Drako Carbon SRS Sole®
In 1999, SIDI revolutionized mountain bike shoe design with the Sole Replacement System® (SRS), allowing mountain bikers to replace the most wear-prone part of the shoe—the sole.
The NEW Drako Carbon SRS Sole® takes comfort and efficiency one step further by dramatically reducing weight (overall shoe weight savings of 100 grams per pair) without sacrificing performance. The Drako Carbon SRS Sole® is a pure carbon sole with SIDI’s replaceable tread blocks in the toe and heel. The carbon lay-up provides a slight amount of flex in the toe for a smoother, more natural running gait without compromising the shoe’s excellent stiffness and power transfer while pedaling. As it does in the Vent Carbon® and other SIDI soles, this small amount of engineered flex also improves pedaling comfort and biomechanical efficiency by relieving plantar tendon strain.
The sole is engineered for the high-performance, high-mileage cyclist who requires a sole that is rigid but does not compromise the foot’s blood circulation, guaranteeing excellent comfort and great power transfer. The Dragon SRS Sole® tread are easily removable and replaceable. The Dragon SRS Sole® is toe spike compatible.
* Most Dual-Retention Bar type MTB Pedals (such as Crank Brothers and LOOK) recommend using a reinforcement plate between the cleat and the shoe in order to prevent damage to the sole. The Drako cleat wear plate can be replaced in case of damage from the pedal system, so a reinforcement plate is optional.
• Soft Instep Closure System®
The Soft Instep Closure System® is a wide, anatomically curved strap combined with a soft, thermo-formed EVA pad that distributes pressure evenly over the instep area.
The Soft Instep Closure System® is adjustable from both sides, to perfectly center the EVA pad over a high or low instep. Excess strap on the crank arm (inside) side of the shoe may be trimmed after adjustment. Like most SIDI small parts, the Soft Instep Closure System® is replaceable.
• Tecno 3 Buckle®
In 1966 Mr. Dino creates the first ever mono-filament line closure system with a rotor buckle for use on the ski boots of the Italian Olympic Champion Marielle Vautcel. In 1988, 22 years after inventing the mono-filament line closure system with a rotor buckle, Mr. Dino patents it for use in a cycling shoe. The patent covers a closure placed on the heel as well as on the instep. Three adjustments are shown: tightening across the instep, across the forefoot, and around the heel.
The latest version of that system, SIDI’s NEW Tecno 3 buckles, adjust fit across the forefoot and the toe of the shoe. The precision ratchet closure mechanism is easily adjusted using two buttons that can be pressed to incrementally loosen the buckle, one ratchet tooth at a time. Lift and turn the center buckle to tighten the shoe. To open completely, push on both buttons while pulling on the soft instep closure system. SIDI’s famously reliable and replaceable closures are improved by an ALL NEW proprietary SIDI Wire material, an extremely supple braided synthetic material that’s very low friction, for completely non-binding action and extremely even pressure distribution across the closure.
Like most SIDI small parts, the Tecno 3 Buckle® is serviceable and replaceable.
• Adjustable Heel Security System® (HSS)
The Adjustable HSS®, introduced in 2006, reinforces the top of the heel cup and adjusts to securely close around the heel just above the calcaneus (heel bone), eliminating power-robbing heel lift during the pedal stroke.
Like most SIDI small parts, the Adjustable HSS® is replaceable, and also available as an aftermarket upgrade to 2007 thru 2009 SIDI models.
Technomicro is a composite microfiber material created from strands that are so fine that each one is less than one thousandth the thickness of silk. These fibers act like natural leather skin, but with the advantage of better strength, softer texture and lighter weight. Technomicro is also water-repellent, quick-drying, breathable and permeable to water vapor, making it an ideal material for shoe uppers. It is abrasion- and mildew-resistant, easier to clean than leather and resists stretching and deterioration from atmospheric agents.
• Sidi Heel Cup
The SIDI Heel Cup is an external, reinforced cup that stabilizes and supports the heel, with an anatomically shaped plastic design holds its form and doesn’t break down over time, helping reduce heel slip and increase power transfer.
©2013 Sidi America